Living in USA

The estimated living cost for the US is around $10000 to $18000 per year, which averages around $1000 to $1500 per month. This includes your accommodation costs, room, and board, food, travel, textbooks, weather-appropriate clothing, and entertainment expenses as well.

Students are not permitted to work off-campus during their first year of study. They are only permitted to work 20 hours per week. They may work up to 40 hours per week during holidays and breaks. The student could work for a commercial firm that provides college services, such as a bookstore or cafeteria.

Insurance is mandatory for international students because they will be studying abroad for an extended period of time. Insurance costs typically range between $500 and $1,000 per year. Before purchasing insurance, ensure that it covers medical costs, personal accidents, dental treatment, study interruption, and passport loss, among other things. Because insurance is essentially cashless, a student is not required to pay money at the time of hospitalization.

Exams required- USA

International students planning to pursue higher education in the United States must take competitive exams such as the SAT, TOEFL, GMAT, and GRE. Aside from that, those interested in subject-specific studies must take exams such as the PCAT, VCAT, MCAT, and DAT.

There are numerous private and state vocational schools in the United States for international students where you can gain international vocational training. Each college may specialise in providing training for specific industries.

Why USA?

There are two main intake seasons of US universities fall and spring.

State College/University

The United States is divided into 50 states, each of which operates at least one university or college to provide affordable higher education to students. 

These universities are funded by the respective state governments and have cutting-edge facilities.

Private university/college

These institutions are run privately and are considered costly as compared to state schools.

Yes you can. However, this may be dependent on the policies of the university you are currently attending and the one you wish to transfer to. Some university programmes require you to transfer to specific universities after completing your first year.


A  typical full-time study load is 30 credit hours per year. Universities typically expect students to complete the following in order to graduate with a degree:

A Bachelor's degree requires 120-130 credit hours.

A Master's degree requires 30-64 credit hours.


Step 1: Fill out the online nonimmigrant visa application form DS-160.

Step 2: Upload your photo in the appropriate format.

Step 3: Print the application form's confirmation page and keep it for the interview.

Step 4: Make an appointment for an interview at the nearest US Embassy or Consulate in your home country. Students can apply at a US Embassy or Consulate outside their home country, but the visa will be difficult to obtain.

Step 5: Pay the $160 USD (11,900 INR) non-refundable visa application fee.

Step 6: Pay the SEVIS fee once for an indefinite period of F1, M1, or J1 status.

Step 7: Gather the necessary documents for the visa interview.

Step 8: Attend the visa interview.


The Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) tracks F. M or 1 visa holders during their time in the US, from their initial documentation until they graduate.

The SEVIS fee that a visa applicant must pay is $50 or INR 25,113 approximately

There are two fees associated with an F1 student visa in the United States.

The SEVIS fee is currently $350. (INR 26,256)

The Visa Application Fee (MRV Fee), which is currently $160, (INR 12,003)


One of the most important considerations for students planning to pursue higher education in the United States is obtaining a post-study work visa. The F1 Visa, M1 Visa, and J1 Visa are three types of student visas that allow students to stay in the United States for a set period of time after finishing their studies.

Spouses or children accompanying F-1 visa recipients will travel on an F-2 visa. Please note that spouses are not able to work but may accompany and/or apply for their own visa to the U.S. to work or study.

Latest news

Subscribe to our newsletter